Ramsy

A little rant (if you're a TG dickrider, it's not a good idea for you to read this)

Just to get this out of the way, I planned on making this thread before I received a server ban, so the thread is only partially related to that and mostly has to do with things TG did (or didn't do) and should do to get back on their feet. Please cut the 'please be patient and wait for "Project Onyx"' and 'respect our developers' talk for a minute and read what I'm about to say with some common sense in mind.

I've always said this and I'll say it again - the first thing and main thing TG always did that was wrong is plan out these big updates and showcase them to the community as is. Announce something big and leave it as is, tell the community to wait while it's being worked on. That's a mistake. The way things always should've been executed is the following - do small, but noteworthy weekly/monthly updates that involve the following: patches, small aesthetic and/or mechanical updates, forum updates and team updates (recruitment information and clan statistics, by that I mean showcasing how the clan members are doing in all fields, discussing who's doing what wrong and doing stuff to get them back on their feet, and if nothing can be done - looking for replacements, if need be it). I've always said this, but it seems like that never took place (excluding mainly the YouTube Player and MegaDreams's quiz system, compliments to him for that). The reason why I keep saying how I said this is because I can't say I've seen people say it much themselves, but I also refuse to believe noone agrees with me (but I digress). Second thing that never saw the light of day is some form of tracker that shows us, the players, update information (what is being worked on, what's gonna be added and if the developers need help with something). Look at Facepunch Studios' Rust devblog, for instance. This is mainly what always bugged me about TG. Instead of throwing TG3 and "Project Onyx" announcments at us and expecting hype, actually work on the server that we've been playing on for years. We clearly enjoy the server, but you force us to deal with the lack of basic things all other servers surprisingly provide.

Also, please, find another way to make announcments, an announcment is supposed to be something important, not spam (seeing this day by day is spam, and annoying for people that don't care and are trying to focus on the game):

cnocOdq.jpg

And if you're asking yourself why TG's been getting a lot of hate recently, it's not just the fact that the clan dissapointed its' expecting players (twice), but the fact that the behaviour coming from the team is unacceptable. I'll let you judge for yourself, but does this or does this not seem like a person trying to make me feel bad for leaving what he sees as "superior to others"?

hrvPXR3.png

Then we have a "leader" that is so inactive that he only returns when his clan desperately needs him and invokes invasion of privacy. I'm reffering to my little TG clan's clan chat being monitored. There was no factual reason for that to be done, all we ever said was how we felt about the integrity of TG, and then we have the "leader" trying to make us look as if we don't care about the community:

6NxeMvV.jpg

We do care about the community, we have friends on TG, and it seems like the "head of TG" was just looking for a reason to get rid of us. What we don't care about the head of TG throwing empty promises at us, the (former) players of TG.

This was my little rant and no, I do not want to be unbanned or expect to be unbanned, I felt no emotion when I left the clan and I honestly feel nothing now, I guess I can thank the amazing TG lead for that. I've made mistakes in the past, never did I say I didn't, but don't say what you're doing is right.

Well said, see, I agree with what you said. I never ranted about it because I thought that the senior staff members were right about everything, like they knew what they were doing. I didn't want to waste their time by ranting. There are so many players who share the same feelings as you, but they only share it with their close friends. I was very hyped when TG 3 was announced, but when Onyx was announced, I wasn't hyped at all because I think it will end up like TG 3 - an unkept promise. I will gladly wait for you guys to prove me wrong. I hope these rants aren't taken in a wrong way, players rant because they care about the server, otherwise, they would have left the server a long time ago.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by SquoniX

You're really talented at making really long topics about just a few things, you cover them way more thoroughly than would be necessary. However I spent a few minuted reading to your rant and had a few points that I'd love to clarify.

I've always said this and I'll say it again - the first thing and main thing TG always did that was wrong is plan out these big updates and showcase them to the community as is. Announce something big and leave it as is, tell the community to wait while it's being worked on. That's a mistake. The way things always should've been executed is the following - do small, but noteworthy weekly/monthly updates that involve the following: patches, small aesthetic and/or mechanical updates, forum updates and team updates (recruitment information and clan statistics, by that I mean showcasing how the clan members are doing in all fields, discussing who's doing what wrong and doing stuff to get them back on their feet, and if nothing can be done - looking for replacements, if need be it). I've always said this, but it seems like that never took place (excluding mainly the YouTube Player and MegaDreams's quiz system, compliments to him for that). The reason why I keep saying how I said this is because I can't say I've seen people say it much themselves, but I also refuse to believe noone agrees with me (but I digress). Second thing that never saw the light of day is some form of tracker that shows us, the players, update information (what is being worked on, what's gonna be added and if the developers need help with something). Look at Facepunch Studios' Rust devblog, for instance. This is mainly what always bugged me about TG. Instead of throwing TG3 and "Project Onyx" announcments at us and expecting hype, actually work on the server that we've been playing on for years. We clearly enjoy the server, but you force us to deal with the lack of basic things all other servers surprisingly provide.

First of all the reason why we're not doing minor updates/polishments to our current server is cause every developer we've had going through the script has declared that it is not worth the time spent to try to improve it. It is better to have a new platform out there to work with, something way less time consuming and stable. Rescripting everything has been everybodys choice so far and I believe it is the way to go.

So far we've done bigger announcements at once, leaving the community at blank knowledge of what is going on with the progress. However if you'd take a moment to pull your head out of your ass and read the latest topic Adam published, we were actually asking the community whether they'd want to have a development blog to be started. So we'll forget about that matter, how it was dealt with in the past no longer matters, unless "you want to find reason to rant about".

I don't have the slightest clue what you want to hear through clan statistics so I'll leave that out of the question for now.

Also, please, find another way to make announcments, an announcment is supposed to be something important, not spam (seeing this day by day is spam, and annoying for people that don't care and are trying to focus on the game):

Probably the only thing about your topic that I find reasonable. We'll have it figured out.

Then we have a "leader" that is so inactive that he only returns when his clan desperately needs him and invokes invasion of privacy. I'm reffering to my little TG clan's clan chat being monitored. There was no factual reason for that to be done, all we ever said was how we felt about the integrity of TG, and then we have the "leader" trying to make us look as if we don't care about the community:

If you'd honestly care for the community you wouldn't be as emotionless as you are or the other option is that you're somewhat a psychopath. Make your choice. However what comes to my inactivity I have never denied it. I've not been interested in the game itself for a long time and without TG I'd be nowhere near MTA. Yet I have never left this clan unsupervised and it has always had itself a capable person to handle as I'm not available. There is nothing wrong for me to be here only when I'm needed. It's just another excuse that you can try to make me look bad about. What comes to the ban? I definitely did not ban you because of your discussion with each other. For atleast a week now I've had multiple team members explicitly asking me in private if I could ban you because you are creating a very dark atmosphere by publicly telling everyone how you think TG is going to shit. We don't mind opinions being said, but if there is nothing else coming out of your mouths and it begins to annoy people, frustrate them out of their minds, especially when the accusations aren't true most of the time. It's just better to fix the situation and cut the cancer out.

That's not me trying to make you look bad in the screenshot, that's me personally getting annoyed about your behaviour for being banned. We've very well stated that wee don't want you here, why do you have to keep pushing yourselves on to us? Just be gone.

Also you very well know that every admin has a possibility to review the in-game chats. It's never said anywhere that admins wouldn't do their dutys.

I bet there would be plenty of more stuff to be said, but how about we just cut it out and let you go and find youself a new place to "rant".

Just now, Tommeh said:

You're really talented at making really long topics about just a few things, you cover them way more thoroughly than would be necessary. However I spent a few minuted reading to your rant and had a few points that I'd love to clarify.

First of all the reason why we're not doing minor updates/polishments to our current server is cause every developer we've had going through the script has declared that it is not worth the time spent to try to improve it. It is better to have a new platform out there to work with, something way less time consuming and stable. Rescripting everything has been everybodys choice so far and I believe it is the way to go.

So far we've done bigger announcements at once, leaving the community at blank knowledge of what is going on with the progress. However if you'd take a moment to pull your head out of your ass and read the latest topic Adam published, we were actually asking the community whether they'd want to have a development blog to be started. So we'll forget about that matter, how it was dealt with in the past no longer matters, unless "you want to find reason to rant about".

I don't have the slightest clue what you want to hear through clan statistics so I'll leave that out of the question for now.

Probably the only thing about your topic that I find reasonable. We'll have it figured out.

If you'd honestly care for the community you wouldn't be as emotionless as you are or the other option is that you're somewhat a psychopath. Make your choice. However what comes to my inactivity I have never denied it. I've not been interested in the game itself for a long time and without TG I'd be nowhere near MTA. Yet I have never left this clan unsupervised and it has always had itself a capable person to handle as I'm not available. There is nothing wrong for me to be here only when I'm needed. It's just another excuse that you can try to make me look bad about. What comes to the ban? I definitely did not ban you because of your discussion with each other. For atleast a week now I've had multiple team members explicitly asking me in private if I could ban you because you are creating a very dark atmosphere by publicly telling everyone how you think TG is going to shit. We don't mind opinions being said, but if there is nothing else coming out of your mouths and it begins to annoy people, frustrate them out of their minds, especially when the accusations aren't true most of the time. It's just better to fix the situation and cut the cancer out.

That's not me trying to make you look bad in the screenshot, that's me personally getting annoyed about your behaviour for being banned. We've very well stated that wee don't want you here, why do you have to keep pushing yourselves on to us? Just be gone.

Also you very well know that every admin has a possibility to review the in-game chats. It's never said anywhere that admins wouldn't do their dutys.

I bet there would be plenty of more stuff to be said, but how about we just cut it out and let you go and find youself a new place to "rant".

even tho i disagree on a few points, made me laugh my ass off

Just now, Tommeh said:

It's great to hear that these incompetent leaders can atleast give you some bit of amusement. Though I've never heard proper explanation about why we're incompetent.

For example the way the leaders represent themselves in-game (lets not make any names here but you knooooooooooow if its not you then who is it) by trolling other players, and imo just going full fucking autism time to time is enough proof of incompetence

suomeks vedäpäähäs tiiät et mä tykkään vaa määkiä paskasta syystä koska idk why not. 

Edited by Santa

I have said this too many times, but hell I am telling you again. People that were working on previous update no longer are here and so they are not managing how development goes anymore - whose, just as you said, progress was null. Now, about tracker that shows us, the players, update information, I mentioned something similar on last announcement? I just this way see you did not bother reading the topic entirely, I guess? And thus proving you, including anyone else critizising out there, argue from an hypocrite side. Besides, Tommeh may indeed be busy but hey, that is a reason why we do have other people managing instead.

I do understand you being pissed but hey, I guess we now are doing our best when it comes to, well, development. You are going to play the upcoming tourney on our new update's system (onyx) and so are going to have development blogs, again.

Just now, Santa said:

For example the way the leaders represent themselves in-game (lets not make any names here but you knooooooooooow if its not you then who is it) by trolling other players, and imo just going full fucking autism time to time is enough proof of incompetence. 

I've not witnessed trolling and if such behaviour is to be proven it should be reported. Reports will be handled with the seriousness that lacked in-game. I don't know what is your description of "full autism".

Just now, Tommeh said:

It is better to have a new platform out there to work with, something way less time consuming and stable.

Less time consuming? That's a first. Get to know what the community actually wants before speaking, please, if not for my sake, then theirs'.

1 minute ago, Tommeh said:

However if you'd take a moment to pull your head out of your ass and read the latest topic Adam published, we were actually asking the community whether they'd want to have a development blog to be started.

So, me initially asking for a tracker and now Adam discussing it gives me no right to discuss it? This is a RANT, I'm gonna talk about stuff that's on my mind, and if you have a problem with that, f to the k off.

-----

Furthermore, the reason I said I felt no emotion was because everything I mentioned with the emotion stuff was directly clan related. The way TG is lead killed the atmosphere (for clearly me and a lot of others, cuz I'm not the only one that left and, go figure, people are still leaving). I was indeed somewhat sad finding out I won't be able to play with some of my good friends, but that's why we have Skype, TeamSpeak and Discord. It's about the discussion, not the game.

The reason I'm so "dark" is because it suits me. I enjoy saying what's on my mind with no censorship because I don't fucking care the slightest what anyone thinks, at least not anymore. I was more careful with words before I left TG, but the fact that it's led by dimwits who find me the cancer of TG, honestly, amuses and honours me.

I respect @AdamJames for being a developer and I'd like to directly apologize for being an ass on the server to him a few days ago, but my view on TG was the same back then as it is right now. A team of great people and an amazing community, guided by people who should honestly be the ones seeking guidance.

Just now, Tommeh said:

I've not witnessed trolling and if such behaviour is to be proven it should be reported. Reports will be handled with the seriousness that lacked in-game. I don't know what is your description of "full autism".

Reports are useless, its a videogame

if you have a problem with that, f to the k off.

That's a proper argument right there.

Furthermore, the reason I said I felt no emotion was because everything I mentioned with the emotion stuff was directly clan related. The way TG is lead killed the atmosphere (for clearly me and a lot of others, cuz I'm not the only one that left and, go figure, people are still leaving). I was indeed somewhat sad finding out I won't be able to play with some of my good friends, but that's why we have Skype, TeamSpeak and Discord. It's about the discussion, not the game.

The reason I'm so "dark" is because it suits me. I enjoy saying what's on my mind with no censorship because I don't fucking care the slightest what anyone thinks, at least not anymore. I was more careful with words before I left TG, but the fact that it's led by dimwits who find me the cancer of TG, honestly, amuses and honours me.

Speak for yourself. I can not be certain that TG's members like the way I'm leading the team atm, but I'm quite optimist about it. What I can say about the atmosphere right now in the team, it is stronger than in a long time. Any TG's agree with me?

I'm glad to hear that you're honoured and amused about our conversation, but could you please stick to the points you wanted to talk about rather than the "drakside" of yourself? It's not really our business.

Just now, Santa said:

propsii se oikeesti postas jtn

*Autism intensifies*

Just now, Tommeh said:

That's a proper argument right there.

Speak for yourself. I can not be certain that TG's members like the way I'm leading the team atm, but I'm quite optimist about it. What I can say about the atmosphere right now in the team, it is stronger than in a long time. Any TG's agree with me?

I'm glad to hear that you're honoured and amused about our conversation, but could you please stick to the points you wanted to talk about rather than the "drakside" of yourself? It's not really our business.

*Autism intensifies*

im giggling here to prove my autism

Just now, KidWithAlzheimers said:

this topic bothers me since ages. period. I would like to repost everything that's in the topic below but I guess i'll leave it. read it once again if you still don't get it.

Already banned you for immature behaviour, so please stay away.

One thing I forgot to mention on my upper reply is, most of you seem to be confused or yet did not understand what is going on so far and it really saddens me seeing you listening to what others do say instead of rather leaving a question on last announcement. Would be great if you read my previous reply too, @Ramsy.

I get the bs with Tommeh and TG, where does Simas come here with all of this crap?( jk he's a tard let him stay banned ).

1 hour ago, Santa said:

As I said, TG is losing its loyal members due to the fucking impotence of the leaders.

How pathetic. What a disgrace.

As in for Him, it's always been known to him the truth, but people hid it with the false rumors about some crap. Moreover fighting here proves a person's integrity and his bullshit behavior, Just move on because it's a game... Some people just become a disgrace to gaming community.

and im here after like 2 or more months after the "supposed" TG 3 release date and still see it unfinished.. and the things you guys say about project onyx (or whatever - i didnt really pay attention) doesnt do it any good,the community is destroying you from within, i do not see how you allow it?

making a dev blog wont really help this dark TG time when almost everyone has lost hope, only the strongest (believers) are probably the only ones still hoping for some miracle to occur - do not reply to this about telling me about your playercount as only they are the ones that still didnt lose hope and a hundred and a few dont really count, seeing as some more of TG members lost hope and not only me proves that the clan is failing and if you dont do something real soon the rest will crumble aswell and your fragile thin line of players' trust if you do another hype and fail will cause them to go to the other side (or leave the game entirely like me)

i will drop a thank you for vishal here for kicking me instead of leaving by myself, since i have promised vishal ill leave after TG3 by judging if it will be enough to bring me back to this.. - but seeing as it wont be happening any sooner, then  im glad for your desicion making

but seeing the picture Ramsy's skype picture is literally like telling me that you have immatured from the troll hell that is this community, "TG is going to be great xd lol ok you left at the wrong time lol ok yeah tg is shit right of course ok" the hell? perhaps i should be thankful for getting inactive in the first place and getting a reason to be kicked instead of leaving so it would look like i was on another clans side.

(and i know i read your reply but it doesnt really count since youre a leader - someone people look for help and shit and you getting bashed and acting like this is not a very good example my friend..)

judging by cres and mightyaces and ramsys reactions to the community it really looks like it has lost its... like losing the pillar of the community, sicne they were the most respected

and whats this about getting wade banned after he donated you money cash? he worked to get it and thats how you repay him for the (probably) whole months of donations?  thats a good way of saying "thank you for the cash but bye and dont come back", yes if he did something bad you should do something but a permament (from what i gather - dont correct me here as i do not know) ban is like a slap to the face

great job m8s...

YMKD7RQ_700wa_0.gif

Edited by skiez
added a line and a paragraph