Known

An issue regarding telecom services in Morocco..

Alright. Providing a slow internet was acceptable for us. Everytime we complain about it, what do they say? We're encoutering some issues. So yea, we got used to it & let it go. As we were silent, now they decided to block VOIP too. That's disappointing, rather disgusting. A lot of people, especially moroccan that lives in others countries uses skype to contact their famillies since the phone call expenses are very costy... Let's not forget the big part using those telecom services are gamers. Gaming without softwares like skype is just crap. Just saying, we're supposed to blame ourselves for being tongue-tied. I was looking for a solution quiet a long time ago and i guess, if we stood up all together and stop using their service for a day or two, this will make a remarkable loss for them, which may finally let them realize that their clients' satisfaction is the most important thing to continue on their business... Anyway, please if you have any other good idea, share it with us.

Edited by Known

Well, hardly anyone from Morocco plays here so I don't think we can be of much help.

I don't believe in these things but you can make a petition here, boycotting their services can help too, I guess. I don't think a single person can do anything, your country will have to unite for this to make any affect.

Edited by SquoniX

4 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

A slow internet connection can be due to multiple reasons.

It's not that we can't make skype calls only.... it's totally blocked now.. Skype, viber, whatsapp etc.. I don't get how the hell they want to run their business without satisfying their clients. I bet, they will really make a huge loss.

10 minutes ago, Known said:

It's not that we can't make skype calls only.... it's totally blocked now.. Skype, viber, whatsapp etc.. I don't get how the hell they want to run their business without satisfying their clients. I bet, they will really make a huge loss.

They sometimes do that when a riot is going on. I don't know if there's a riot in your country but if not then that's a weird thing to do.

I think the government is doing it so that the local phone companies can make money. The ISPs may lose some money but the local phone companies are going to benefit a lot which is obviously a wrong thing to do, but I guess you can't do anything.

Edited by SquoniX

Here, in my country, this happens often. In fact, people have decided not to use their services for days, and yet everything remains the same. But that does not mean that in your country will happen the same thing, you maybe fixed soon... Idk. 

Just now, Megadreams said:

Can you still use a VPN? If so, contact me and I'll set you up.

Can he use WhatsApp through a VPN? He will probably need a number (mobile number) which will reveal his location. Just saying, you know way more than me.

4 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Can he use WhatsApp through a VPN? He will probably need a number (mobile number) which will reveal his location. Just saying, you know way more than me.

Technically yes if his phone supports it. The phone number doesn't matter as it's still a network connection that is fully encrypted until it reaches the VPN which then makes it go to the correct location.